Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sunnyside Hotel's Elevator & Frame: The Blocky Masterpiece!

Presenting... the Blocky Master Piece! Dun dun dun...
This is Sunnyside Hotel. So far there is nothing but a frame, as you can tell, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to finish it.
My motivation for this was that I always wanted to try and use command blocks to create an elevator since command blocks can teleport you anywhere. I decided I would use that and have the command block teleport me up onto the floor I wanted to go to. There is nothing hard about that. The hard part is the doors.

First Frame

There are six floors. Each floor is four blocks high, except for the first floor, which is five. After figuring this out, I began making my elevator so that I knew I had enough space. Here is what it looks like right now.

Elevator Frame
Click below to keep reading!



Here is a picture of what the front looks like. This decoration is probably not permanent; I just needed something to work with.

The Elevator

Ignore the Background Village
For the actual command blocks, it took nothing but some bedrock (so they couldn't be accessed), a couple of buttons, and that's it. The problem was the doors. It's not easy to get the redstone under a pressure plate, have it circle around, and then have it travel up to the next piston. I spent almost 5 hours on the first floor elevator trying to figure out a good connection. It used to take up the whole bottom floor. Now I have it down to two simple lines that are connected in the back. Lots of work.

Redstone!
Now let me take you on a tour through my new invention! Later I'll post a "tour" through the whole hotel. Yeesh, that will take a lot of work.

Doors

Middle Post Can't Move, FYI

Pressure Plate

Inside! (Floor 1 is bigger than the others)

Pressure Plate (Inside)

Inside Pressure Plates Open Doors as Well

Push Any Button

Zoom Back

Floor 2 Button

Scene Changes!

Turn...

Magic! You Are On Floor 2!

Doors Open

Upstairs
Floor 2
The Elevator Shaft
Note: It's night because I accidentally opened up the typing thing and then went to go work on this post, so it didn't pause; day turned to night, and I didn't know until I left the elevator.

Hope you enjoyed! Keep checking back to see this page get updated! (hopefully :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment